Listen to the music of your existence. Watch as beauty surrounds your world. Speak with your heart...and Smile.

Monday, November 14

Turning Tables

Why is it that we listen to the screeching and heartfelt, popular tunes of the music box when a part of our lives seems to be attached to every song that seeps through? As sad as it sounds it's exactly what Ne-yo sings "So sick of love songs so sad and slow, but why can't I turn off the radio?"  It's like we're addicted to rejecting any type of feeling that seems right, we can never move on. It only takes time - it's true but the question is 'do we actually want to move on?' Our lives are full of 'signs' and 'moments' that create this illusion of a fairytale life, sometimes we believe so deeply that our body and minds sync with understanding what is right when it is clearly wrong. It's those life changing moments that draws a rollercoaster ride of waves down the beach of doom. It's those signs that direct us around the same bends again and again. We make, break and start over. Starting over, what does this mean? This is where I introduce you to my song of the day. I have been inspired by several things today to write this blog. One song, a precious and tragic song, brought tears. My heart pounding, my chest tight, my throat on the crisp of choking and the lump just sat there like this moment in my life was so pure and true in the words that were sung. Solitude, desperation, confusion, animosity. All. Bittersweet. I despise the fact that today's song is by Adele. Because I love her, and my reason to use her is just bitter hostility. But here it is, Adele you say it perfectly. And I hope one day I can look back and thank you for your purity and emotion, for today though there are no thanks - only tears.

With pity and sorrow I give you the song of the day: Turning Tables by Adele.

Close enough to start a war
All that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for
All that I say, you always say more

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't ask you, you to just desert me
I can't give you, what you think you give me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables

Under haunted skies I see you, ooh
Where love is lost, your ghost is found
I braved a hundred storms to leave you
As hard as you try, no I will never be knocked down

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no
I won't ask you, you to just desert me
I can't give you, what you think you give me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
Turning tables

Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own savior
When the thunder calls for me
Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own savior
Standing on my own two feet

I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no
I won't ask you, you to just desert me
I can't give you, what you think you give me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables
Turning tables, yeah
Turning ohh

No comments:

Post a Comment