Listen to the music of your existence. Watch as beauty surrounds your world. Speak with your heart...and Smile.

Sunday, November 9

Stand By Me

It's been a whole 2 years since my last post and I think it's time to get back into my creative skin again. I've learnt that no matter what happens in your life, who walks in and out of your heart, no matter where you've stopped to smell the flowers or where you're about to begin your next adventure, love and passion will always be possessed inside of you. Passion and success are two words that motivate me to start a photography course and to begin writing again. Whatever your passion may be may you always find something or someone to stand by you when times are great and when times are grim. And this takes us into the song of the day: Stand By Me by Marlisa (Australian X-Factor winner of 2014). Her amazing lyrics are so uplifting and it possesses something beautiful in a love between friends. I've taken these lyrics and made them a rule of life. 

As a token of my passion I will try to complete my online photography course in correspondence with my blog. Documenting is something I never had problem with until I got married and started a family. Being a working mum I never seem to find time for myself so now it's MY time. MY time to do something that really made me happy when I was younger and free. 

I am completing the BESTPHOTOLESSON.com Photography course online. And will post as often as I can. 

First Lesson - INTENT

Think about why you want to take pictures. Write down a list of:

  • Things you like about photography. Do you love the moment of seeing the images in prints or on your screen? Is it the challenge of making the photo? Is it the sharing the images with your friends? Is it the memories you get when you look at your photos later? Whatever it is you like about taking pictures, write it down.

*The creativity & diversity of photos *The power of of the human eye & how to capture it *How to capture moments *I love sharing memories and keeping them - printed or filed * I love angles and colour and nature * I love a challenge of capturing 'that' moment.


  • What you want to achieve with photography. Do you want to remember what your kids are like at each stage of their growing up? Do you like flowers or architecture or mountains and want to document them? Do you want to show the human condition? Do you want to pursue a career in photography? Write down what you want your photography to do.



*To eventually sell my artworks (small scale markets or big time gallery) * Nature is awesome. National Geographic is my inspiration *A photo can speak a million words. It would be nice to understand the specifics of a good photo and be able to explain my intention to someone else. *Career or Hobby - let's start with hobby.


  • What subjects you want to shoot. Flowers, dogs, kids, models, food, people’s feet, whatever. Write down those things you find catch your eye or make you wish you had your camera when you see it.
*Macro on plants and small objects * Detail * Landscapes * Dancers * Storms *Formations (birds/water/clouds)

  • How you feel about those subjects. Do you love it, hate it, feel afraid of it, laugh at it, wish it was yours? This is actually the most important section of the lesson. When you understand what you feel towards something, you’ll find your photography of it improves automatically.
*I feel liberated when I capture a great moment. *Feeling connected to the subject is very satisfying and a spiritual reason to the photographs I take. 

:]

Song of the day - Stand By Me by Marlisa

No comments:

Post a Comment